Sope Dirisu: headshots & publicity photos for a young actor. English Photoworks | Wiltshire Photography
Actor's Headshots & Publicity Photos
We recently had the pleasure of working with Sope Dirisu - we produced a series of editorial-style publicity photographs and headshots for him.
Click on the video above to see a slideshow of some of the best images we produced for Sope.
Sope came to our photography studio in Corsham, Wiltshire, and we spent the day working on a few image concepts. We were looking to produce studio images that Sope could use in a range of promotional media. We worked with a number of lighting scenarios to create moody, magazine-style images as well as more traditional actor headshots.
Sope is a versatile actor, and has recently been seen on TV in Channel 4's 'Humans' and 'The Mill'. He has also worked with the Royal Shakespeare Company (Pericles) and the National Youth Theatre, with whom he trained.
When working with fine-arts professionals, we work hard to produce images that will serve the artist. Some of the things we pay close attention to are:
1. Making sure we convey the artist's personality rather than producing over-glamorous pictures. The aim of the pictures is to produce the best version of the artist, but still be 'real'.
2. Framing, lighting and background.
3. Making sure clothing choices are simple, classic, and do not draw attention away from the artist.
4. It's all about the eyes - this gives the opportunity to show the layers in the artist's personality.
5. Making sure the pictures show the artist as themselves, and what makes them unique.
6. Go easy on makeup!